of alarm systems installed in the unincorporated area, both commercial
and residential, is required in Clay County pursuant to county ordinance.
A permit can be acquired through the Clay County Building Division.
You are required to keep all alarm contact information current.
Click here to download a copy of the county's alarm registration form.
Please contact the Building Division for more information:
County Building Division
Green Cove Springs, Florida 32043
(904) 284/269-6307 ,
Fax: (904) 284-6360
- Alarm Fines -
Each occurrence of a false alarm from a particular alarm system during any period of three hundred sixty-five (365) days in excess of three (3) shall be deemed unlawful and a violation of this article by the alarm user. The fines range from $25 to $250 based on the number of false alarms.
- False Alarm Payments – Alarm fines are paid to the Clay County Clerk of Courts Office, follow their link for locations and contact information, http://clayclerk.com/
- False Alarm Prevention -
- Become familiar with your alarm system and your password
- Cancel false alarms immediately through your alarm company
- Before arming your system, make sure that all doors and windows are closed properly
- Make sure that all motion sensor areas are clear of any moving items (displays, reflective materials, banners, fans, and family pets can cause false alarms)
- Everyone with access to your property should be familiar with your system and have a password
- Report any problems that you are experiencing with your alarm system to your alarm company immediately. FAULTY EQUIPMENT = LAW ENFORCMENT DISPATCH
- Periodically, call your alarm company and the Sheriff’s Office to make sure that your emergency contact list is accurate and up to date
- Never test your alarm without first contacting the monitoring service and CCSO Dispatch at 904-213-5900, or 352-473-7211
- Have your alarm system checked yearly by a certified alarm technician