Monday, February 23, 2009
PUBLIC INFORMATION ANNOUNCMENT
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
February 23, 2009
CCSO Announces 2008 Awards Recipients
At an awards ceremony held in Orange Park on Saturday, February 21, 2009, the following Clay County Sheriff's Office employees received recognition for acts of bravery, excellence or compassion occurring in 2008.
- Deputy Michael Connors: Sheriff JP Hall Sr. Memorial Law Enforcement Award
- Detention Deputy Joseph Uebelher: Detention Bureau Deputy of the Year
- Mrs. Jackie Tennant: Administration Bureau Civilian of the Year
- Deputy Randy Harris: Administration Bureau Deputy of the Year
- Corporal Regina Altman: Operations Bureau Civilian of the Year
- Deputy Chris Ruby: Operations Bureau Deputy of the Year
In addition, members of the CCSO Awards Committee voted to award a second Deputy of the Year award, posthumously, to Deputy Dennis Urban....a veteran CCSO deputy who died in an off-duty motorcycle crash in 2008. Deputy Urban's son and daughter attended the event to accept the award on behalf of their deceased father.