are a variety of civilian (non-law enforcement, non-corrections)
employment opportunities that arise during the course of any year
at the CCSO. To check on the availability of such openings, we encourage
you to call the CCSO Human Resources Section directly at (904) 213-6040.
Even if a current opening does not exist, arrangements can be made
to receive your application now and notify you once a position becomes
CCSO is accepting applications for the following civilian position(s):
Accounting Analyst reporting to the Fiscal Director of the Finance Bureau.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare budget analysis report, budget transfers, budget amendments and requisition of funds to the Board of County Commissioners.
- Prepare, reconcile and analyze general ledger accounts and bank reconciliations.
- Coordinate, monitor management of grant funds\expenditures and prepare grant evaluation reports.
- Prepare and analyze various account analysis and reports.
- Maintain computerized financial systems.
- Assist in implementation of various procedures, internal accounting controls, audit trail and process improvement.
- Prepare and submit reports and analysis to Management
- Special projects and additional duties as required.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance and\or equivalent work experience with strong working knowledge of GAAP and GASB. DEADLINE TO APPLY is June 27, 2013.
SCHOOL CROSSING GUARDS
$9.50 / hour. Duties include: monitoring school crossing areas, instructing children on proper crossing procedures, monitoring student behavior, reporting traffic violations, attending mandatory trainings. Must be in good physical condition including sight, sound and mobility; good communication skills; dependable; able to work a split shift; able to pass background check including fingerprint submission, physical exam and drug test.