The Clay County Jail is using the Securus Digital Mail Center to process all incoming inmate mail. Securus is the third-party vendor facilitating the inmate phone and video visitation systems. We are making this change to reduce the risk of contraband from entering the facility.
(Inmate name and ID number)
C/O Securus Digital Mail Center-Clay County Detention Facility
PO Box 21267
Tampa, FL 33634
All legal mail, packages and publications should continue to be sent to :
(Inmates name and ID number)
C/O Clay County Jail
PO Box 958
Green Cove Springs, FL 32043
It is our policy to provide visitation for inmates incarcerated in the Clay County Detention Facility. All inmate visits are non-contact.
INMATE VIDEO VISITATION
Below are the hours and rules and regulations for video visitation. Please be advised that any breach of any of the rules and regulations will cause loss of privilege indefinitely for you, the family or friend, and possible disciplinary action against the inmate. All video visitations, telephone conversations, and e-messaging are monitored seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Visitation phone number: 904-625-8783
Onsite Visitation Hours:
Monday thru Thursday: 08:15 to 11:30 a.m. / 13:15 to 16:30 p.m.
Fridays: 13:00 to 16:30 p.m. / 18:00 to 20:00 p.m.
There is no onsite visitation on Saturday, Sunday, or Holidays
Offsite Visitation Hours:
All visitations must be scheduled 24 hours in advance, except weekend and Monday visits must be scheduled no later than Friday at 5 PM.
Rules and Regulations both onsite and offsite
- Visitor appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Refusal by a visitor to submit to lawful and authorized search procedures. (onsite)
- Visitor is inappropriately dressed.*
- Failure to supervise children. (onsite)
- Flashing (showing private body area).
- Yelling or obscene language.
- Any acts that are considered sexual in nature.
- Any actions that are gang-related.
*Inappropriate dress: Shorts/skirts that do not cover the buttocks; they must be just above the knee—no halter tops or tank tops; no tight-fitting shirts, blouses, or pants. No spandex. No nighties or lingerie.
Visitors’ Dress Code
- Visitors must be properly dressed before they will be allowed to visit. Clothing that is torn or purposely altered from its original manufactured design shall not be permitted for wear during visitation.
- Male visitors must be attired in shirt, trousers and shoes. Mid-thigh or longer shorts are authorized wear. No cut-offs or spandex shorts will be permitted in the jail facility. Tank tops are not allowed. T-shirts with offensive slogans or artwork are not permitted.
- Female visitors must be attired in conservative clothing and shoes. Mid-thigh or longer shorts, dresses with length below the knee are authorized wear. No cut-offs or spandex shorts, bathing suits, halter tops, camisoles, tank tops or any other top that shows cleavage are permitted inside the facility.
Property and Money
No property or money may be directly transferred between the inmate and the visitor. There is a kiosk in the Clay County Jail lobby that visitors may use to deposit funds into inmate accounts. Lobby hours are 7 a.m. until 10 p.m., Monday through Friday. There are services available that allow deposit of funds into an inmate account over the phone or via the internet.
- Government Payment Service (888) 277-2535
- Open 24 hours a day
- Pay location code for the Clay County Jail – #5500
- You will need to know the inmate’s name, inmate number, and facility code (23J for the Clay County Jail).
- Minimum deposit – $25; Maximum deposit – $100
- Five percent service fee applied to any deposit
Termination of Visits
The detention member supervising visitation or higher authority may terminate a visit if a rule violation, misconduct, or emergency situation warrants such action. Violators of visitation rules are subject to permanent loss of visitation privileges.
Exceptions to Visitation Rules
Attorneys, clergymen, and military command visits are not restricted to the hours of visitation. Inmates hospitalized in community facilities (i.e., local hospitals) will not be allowed to receive visitors except as approved by the Detention Department Chief of Security. The visitors must call the jail and make an appointment to visit, or the deputy watching the inmate at the hospital will not allow the visit. Federal prisoners held in the Clay County Jail shall be allowed visitation only when authorized by the arresting federal agency.