It is our policy to provide visitation for inmates incarcerated in the Clay County Detention Facility. All inmate visits are non-contact.
During the booking process, an inmate must give visitor information to the booking clerk/deputy. Each inmate is allowed to have four names (adults only) listed on the list.
INMATE VIDEO VISITATION
Below are the hours and rules and regulations for video visitation. Please be advised that any breach of any of the rules and regulations will cause loss of privilege indefinitely for you, the family or friend, and possible disciplinary action against the inmate. All video visitations, telephone conversations, and e-messaging are monitored seven (7) days a week, 24 hours a day.
Visitation phone number: 904-625-8783
Onsite Visitation Hours:
Monday thru Thursday: 08:15 to 11:30 a.m. / 13:15 to 16:30 p.m.
Fridays: 13:00 to 16:30 p.m. / 18:00 to 20:00 p.m.
There is no onsite visitation on Saturday, Sunday, or Holidays
Offsite Visitation Hours:
All visitations must be scheduled 24 hours in advance, except weekend and Monday visits must be scheduled no later than Friday at 5 PM.
Rules and Regulations both onsite and offsite
- Visitor appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Insufficient space available.
- Refusal by a visitor to submit to lawful and authorized search procedures. (onsite)
- Visitor is inappropriately dressed.*
- Violation of the CCSO’s visiting rules.
- Failure to supervise children. (onsite)
- Having a cell phone. (onsite)
- Flashing (showing private body area).
- Yelling or obscene language.
- Any acts that are considered sexual in nature.
- Any actions that are gang-related.
*Inappropriate dress: Shorts/skirts that do not cover the buttocks; they must be just above the knee—no halter tops or tank tops; no tight-fitting shirts, blouses, or pants. No spandex. No nighties or lingerie.
Visitors’ Dress Code
- Visitors must be properly dressed before they will be allowed to visit. Clothing that is torn or purposely altered from its original manufactured design shall not be permitted for wear during visitation.
- Male visitors must be attired in shirt, trousers and shoes. Mid-thigh or longer shorts are authorized wear. No cut-offs or spandex shorts will be permitted in the jail facility. Tank tops are not allowed. T-shirts with offensive slogans or artwork are not permitted.
- Female visitors must be attired in conservative clothing and shoes. Mid-thigh or longer shorts, dresses with length below the knee are authorized wear. No cut-offs or spandex shorts, bathing suits, halter tops, camisoles, tank tops or any other top that shows cleavage are permitted inside the facility.
Property and Money
No property or money may be directly transferred between the inmate and the visitor. There is a kiosk in the Clay County Jail lobby that visitors may use to deposit funds into inmate accounts. Lobby hours are 7 a.m. until 10 p.m., Monday through Friday. There are services available that allow deposit of funds into an inmate account over the phone or via the internet.
- Government Payment Service (888) 277-2535
- Open 24 hours a day
- Pay location code for the Clay County Jail – #5500
- You will need to know the inmate’s name, inmate number, and facility code (23J for the Clay County Jail).
- Minimum deposit – $25; Maximum deposit – $100
- Five percent service fee applied to any deposit
Termination of Visits
No visitor will bring any tobacco product, matches, or lighters into the visitor’s reception area on the jail’s first floor. Anyone who violates this regulation faces having his/her visitation canceled for that day and potentially revoked permanently if a repeat offender. The detention deputy supervising visitation or higher authority may terminate a visit if a rule violation, misconduct, or emergency situation warrants such action. Violators of visitation rules are subject to permanent loss of visitation privileges.
Exceptions to Visitation Rules
Attorneys, clergymen, and military command visits are not restricted to the hours of visitation. Inmates hospitalized in community facilities (i.e., local hospitals) will not be allowed to receive visitors except as approved by the detention department director. The visitors must call the jail and make an appointment to visit, or the officer watching the inmate at the hospital will not allow the visit. Federal prisoners held in the Clay County Jail shall be allowed visitation only when authorized by the arresting federal agency. The watch supervisor has the authority to authorize special visits. Specifically, if the visitor had to travel a long distance, the supervisor may make an exception if proof of distance traveled is presented (i.e., plane ticket, bus ticket, or a driver’s license showing the visitor’s residence is outside the immediate area).
Visitation for High-Risk Inmates
High-risk inmates demonstrate the potential to escape, have violent tendencies, have mental/behavioral problems, and those confined to medical isolation. Inmates charged with violent crimes are considered high risk. Before a high-risk inmate receiving a visitor, the detention deputy shall notify the shift supervisor, who will determine what measures may be needed to conduct the visit properly.