Registration of alarm systems installed in the unincorporated area of Clay County, both commercial and residential, is required pursuant to county ordinance. A permit can be acquired through the Clay County Building Division. Please keep all alarm contact information current.
- In addition to any requirements established within the unincorporated area of Clay County Ordinance (Ch 12, Sec 12-124), all alarm contractors must comply with this section. This section denotes the prerequisites prior to applying for an alarm company application.
- Each occurrence of a false alarm from a particular alarm system during any period of 365 days in excess of three shall be deemed unlawful and a violation of this article by the alarm user. The fines range from $25 to $250.
- Alarm fines are paid to the Clay County Clerk of Courts Office.
False Alarm Prevention
- Become familiar with your alarm system and know your password.
- Cancel false alarms immediately through your alarm company.
- Before arming your system, make sure that all doors and windows are closed properly.
- Make sure that all motion sensor areas are clear of any moving items (reflective materials, banners, fans, and family pets can cause false alarms).
- Everyone with access to your property should be familiar with your system and have a password.
- Report any problems that you are experiencing with your alarm system to your alarm company.
- Periodically, call your alarm company and the CCSO to make sure your emergency contact list is accurate and up to date.
- Never test your alarm without first contacting the monitoring service and CCSO Dispatch at (904) 264-6512 or (352) 473-7211.
- Have your alarm system checked yearly by a certified alarm technician.