If your business has ever been the target of crime, you know the gut-wrenching feeling that follows and how violated owners and employees feel afterwards.
The Clay County Sheriff’s Office is taking steps to increase community awareness by providing security advice and related services to businesses through a free Business Security Survey.
We can also increase patrol around your business when you are out of town.
Business Security Survey
Business owners can request a deputy to visit and provide security advice and related services.
Business Watch Program
When you are away from your business for an extended amount of time, you can place your address on a stepped-up patrol list.
Tips to Protect Your Property
- Consider installation of a professional, monitored alarm system.
- If your business is closed for any extended period of time due to vacation or emergency, have mail and other deliveries postponed in your absence.
- Proper lighting of your business and surrounding grounds is crucial to preventing a break-in.
- Install proper fencing to limit access to the rear of your building if necessary and repair it promptly if ever damaged.
- Review key-control procedures and policies with employees.