The Clay County Sheriff’s Office is an equal opportunity employer offering employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, marital status, disability or any other legally protected status. We proudly recognize veteran’s preference.
The agency offers a wide variety of benefits to all full-time employees:
- Annual vacation
- Deferred compensation plan
- Dental insurance
- Education incentives
- Employee assistance program (Aetna)
- Florida Deputy Sheriff’s Association membership
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays (9)
- Retirement plan (Florida Retirement System)
- Sick leave
- Tuition assistance
- Vision insurance
The Clay County Sheriff’s Office does not take applications/resumes and will not process them unless openings exist.
Position: Deputy Sheriff
Salary: $38,000 annually
Closing Date: July 17, 2017
Job Notice: DEPUTY SHERIFF
Position: Reserve Deputy Officer
Salary: Unpaid Volunteer
Closing Date: On-Going
Job Notice: VOLUNTEER RESERVE DEPUTY OFFICER
Position: Crossing Guard
Salary: $9.62 per hour
Closing Date: July 28, 2017
Job Notice: CROSSING GUARD
- Services Department
Position: Public Safety Telecommunicator
Salary: $24,769 to $28,822
Location: Green Cove Springs, FL
Closing Date: June 30, 2017
Job Notice: PUBLIC SAFETY TELECOMMUNICATOR
Application Instructions: These instructions must be followed completely. No applications will be accepted without all the required information.
- Must be typed or printed legibly in black ink.
- Incomplete applications WILL NOT be considered. If a question does not apply, note N/A.
- A resume must be included with your completed application.
- Please attach copies of the following documents if you are applying for a sworn law enforcement officer or a certified detention officer position:
- Police Standards Certificate
- If you are an out-of-state officer, military police officer or federal officer who has requested exemptions from Florida Basic Recruit Training Programs, you MUST provide an equivalency of training (CJSTC 76 + CJSTC 76A Forms).
- Basic Recruit Examination scores, if certification date is after June 30, 1993.
Disqualifiers – Civilian Applicants
- Driving – if the position will involve driving a Clay County Sheriff’s Office vehicle, three moving violations within the past 24 months, any driver’s license suspension/revocation within the last three years and/or any convictions for a DUI within the last three years.
- Unlawful Drug Activity – any illegal drug use three years prior to the date of the application, or any salary or delivery of an illegal drug/controlled substance as an adult (18+ years of age).
- Military – Any discharge other than honorable, general under honorable conditions, or uncharacterized from the military.
Disqualifiers – Sworn Applicants
- Perjury or False Statements – not have been convicted of any felony or of a misdemeanor that involves perjury or a false statement.
- Perjury or False Statements – not have have pled or nole contendere after July 1, 1981, to any felony or of a misdemeanor that involves perjury or a false statement whether or not adjudication was withheld or sentence was suspended.
- DUI Convictions – has pled guilty or nolo contendere or been found guilty of the criminal offense of DUI within the last five years while employed as a law enforcement officer, corrections officer or military police officer.
- Domestic Violence – any convictions.
- Driving – three moving violations in the past 24 months, suspension/revocation in the last five years, suspensions for financial responsibility and failure to pay will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Unlawful Drug Activity – any illegal drug use three years prior to the date of application or any sale or delivery of an illegal drug/controlled substance as an adult (18+ years old).
- Military – any discharge other than honorable, general under honorable conditions, and uncharacterized.
- Tattoos – not permitted above the collar bone (i.e, neck, face, or behind the ear) or below the wrist (i.e., hands and fingers) visible tattoos determined to be inappropriate or offensive must be covered while at work.
Pre-Employment Offer Requirements
- Birth certificate
- Social security card
- Driver’s license
- Diploma and sealed transcripts from highest level of education
- Documentation supporting legal name change (if applicable)
- Form DD 214 for all periods served in the military
- Polygraph assessment
- Vocational assessment
- Physical assessment
- Drug Screening – 7 panel
How to Complete an Application
Option 2: Download Application, complete in legible hand writing, attach a resume and submit using one of the following methods:
Human Resources – Clay County Sheriff’s Office
Post Office Box 548
Green Cove Springs, Florida 32043
or hand deliver to the receptionist at:
David A. White Memorial Headquarters Building
Clay County Sheriff’s Office
901 North Orange Ave.
Green Cove Springs, Florida 32043
For more information, email email@example.com.