Scholarships & College Education Opportunities
As our agency seeks to recruit and hire the best possible candidates for openings here at the CCSO, we realize the expense of college and/or vocational education is sometimes outside the means of some otherwise worthy applicants.
To address that need, we’d like to provide here some helpful information about scholarships and other available college tuition assistance. Some scholarships are funded locally by community events conducted by outstanding not-for-profit organizations, i.e. the Dave White Memorial Foundation, Florida Sheriffs Association and the Black Creek Bowl Association. Other opportunities, like our agency’s own College Financial Assistance plan, are available once you become a member of the CCSO. For more information on all of these opportunities and more, visit the sites/links below.
- Florida Sheriffs Association College Scholarships (Must be dependent son or daughter of full-time Sheriff’s Office employee graduating from high school)
- David White Memorial Scholarships at MHS (Must be graduating Senior at Middleburg High School); funded by the annual Black Creek 5K & Kids Fun Run event (title sponsor Clay County FOP Lodge #104).
- Dave White Law Enforcement Memorial Scholarship (Must be accepted into the Law Enforcement Academy at SJR State College); funded by the Dave White Memorial Foundation (events include annual Bass Fishing Tournament and Golf Tournament).
- CCSO College Financial Assistance General Order (for current full-time CCSO members)
- Association of Certified Fraud Examiners; Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program (Must be enrolled full-time currently at 4-year college or university)
- Disabled Police Officers Fund Scholarships (Must be a disabled officer or son/daughter of one to apply.)